UPVC or Aluminium Windows
Making the decision between UPVC or Aluminium for your windows is an important one, to ease the difficulty of this choice please see the key differences and features of each product below:
- Aluminium is a stronger material meaning it can support a larger glass surface area hence larger windows are often aluminium framed.
- Aluminium windows have slimmer profiles which achieves a more minimalist and modern look.
- Aluminium windows offer a greater design flexibility as there is larger range of colours and design specifications.
- Once powder-coated, aluminium is extremely durable.
- UPVC windows are normally easier to maintain, often they can be wiped clean.
- UPVC windows normally has a higher insulation rating (A to A+) due to its multi-chamber design.
- UPVC tends to be less expensive in comparison.